The linstep method of creating a depth map for nParticles doesn't seem to work for cached nParticles. The black-white shows up when you first enter in the expression, but once you change the frames it disappears! I guess it makes sense though because I'm plugging the rgbPP linstep stuff into the Runtime Expression, and if the particles are cached, then it's not really "running" anymore??
Anyway, Marc (my hero) came up with a different method of generating a depth map.
1. Create a depth render layer to generate the Set Range node.
2. Connect the Set Range node OutValueX (only x because only want one value?) to npCloudVolume - incandescence r,g,b
This works well with using the Measure tool to set up the Set Range oldMinX and oldMaxX.
I used Mentalray to render and used a UseBackground shader on the other objects.
Goodbye Hardware Render Buffer! :(
I should start creating a blog tag called "Marc is magical" or something. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment